This week in maths we will be measuring and drawing angles. Watch this video to help you remember the names of different angles.
Star of the week: well done to Demi who was awarded star of the week for her participation and hard work in lessons.
School awards: well done to Teagan who was awarded best manners at lunch time. Keep it up!
Today we will debate the motion: Homeless people should be given a home and taken off the streets.
Have a look at these websites to help your research for or against the motion:
You will need to include:
- Facts to support your view
- Opinions to support your view
- Rhetorical questions
- A slogan
To find out where websites are based we can trace a route to them.
This trace route webpage traces a route from America to the website you type in. We will be investigating this next in computing.
Using the link: https://sites.google.com/site/workcodeitcouk/internet1
Copy one of the web address.
Web Sites to Trace
Then, using the link: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/visual-tracert/
see how many hops it has taken!
We have started looking at the Domesday book in our topic lessons as another source of primary evidence from Norman times. Try to find out the following information:
- What is the Domesday book?
- When was the Domesday book drawn up?
- Who wrote it up and how long did it take?
- Why did William the Conqueror commission the Domesday survey?
- Who did William send out to find the information?
- What were some of the questions that were asked?
Use these links to help you: